Arrests in Dubuque
Local arrest data in Dubuque shows that arrests in all categories, except White female, have declined since 2010. This data, obtained from the Dubuque Police Department, only reported White and Black race options. This means that all other races/ethnicities are included in the White category.
FROM THE SURVEY:
- Theft and property damage were the areas of highest concern for respondents.
- 72.12% of survey respondents agreed that Dubuque is a safe place to live, and 82.10% felt their neighborhood was a safe place to live.
- In general, individuals who have lived in Dubuque 11 years or more had more concern over safety issues than those who have lived in Dubuque 10 years or less.
FROM THE DIALOGUES:
- Dialogue attendees felt areas with high concentrations of rental properties and poverty were less safe.
- Women discussed a greater concern for safety during the dialogues, including concerns about physical and sexual assault.
- Many dialogue participants noted that they felt Dubuque was a safe place to live and that most of the crime is perceived to be between individuals who know each other rather than random acts of violence that affect community members.