The Housing Sector Group is working on equity in housing, with safe, affordable and accessible housing for all.
The Inclusive Dubuque Housing Sector Group believes they can contribute to the overarching Inclusive Dubuque goal of an “informed community where all people are respected, valued, engaged and treated fairly” by focusing on indicators that include safe and quality housing based on HUD standards, cost burden and the poverty rate.
Working in collaboration with the NAACP’s housing taskforce, some of the initial strategies of the group include identifying the gaps in education that is being provided to landlords and tenants about Section 8 housing, and to offer more resources for property owners in order to create more housing opportunities in the City.
Some of the other strategies the group will be exploring in the future include:
- Increase the number of affordable home ownership opportunities
- Increase affordable housing options in neighborhoods
- Reduce the number of homes with housing problems
- Reduce the number of vacant and abandoned properties in the neighborhoods
- Financial literacy education specific to housing
- Reduce the number of homeless individuals in the community
- Increase the number of financial institutions partnering with the Inclusive Dubuque Network
If you would like to be a part of the solution, please email Katrina@dbqfoundation.org
Third Thursday of every month
Time: 3:30 p.m.
Location: McCarthy Center, Roshek Building, 700 Locust Street, Dubuque, IA
*Meeting times are subject to change, please contact Inclusive Dubuque at 563.588.2700 to confirm.