The Inclusive Dubuque Health Sector Group is bringing an equity and inclusion lens to the health space in Dubuque by focusing on community-wide health conditions and resources that support getting, being and staying well.
Two of the main indicators the group will be using to determine their efforts include robust behavioral health programs and services in Dubuque, and life expectancy with a focus on the obesity rate. For this group, behavioral health encompasses both mental health and addictions.
Currently, the group is exploring the data from the Equity Profile and other documents to determine how many people have not been able to access behavioral health services and why.
Other strategies the group is also exploring include:
- Decrease the obesity rate from 27% to 25%
- Develop comprehensive mental health plan focused on equity
- Develop comprehensive addictions plan focused on equity
- Increase awareness of affordable options for physical activity opportunities
- Create a central source of health information
- Lower the number of smokers
- Increase availability and affordability of fresh healthy foods
- Identify populations most at risk for mental health concerns
- Identify populations most at risk for addiction concerns
If you would like to be a part of the solution, please email Katrina@dbqfoundation.org
Third Tuesday of every month
Time: 3:30 p.m.
Location: McCarthy Center, Roshek Building, 700 Locust Street, Dubuque, IA
*Meeting times are subject to change, please contact Inclusive Dubuque at 563.588.2700 to confirm.