What are the issues facing the Dubuque region’s diverse community members?
Use these tools and resources to help build a diversity, equity and inclusion learning plan for your organization.
These resources represent just a small sample of Dubuque’s diverse communities. If would like to suggest resources related to another demographic in Dubuque, email Clara Lopez Ortiz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Asian and Pacific Islander
- ‘They Did Not Realize We Are Human Beings’
- How the U.S. betrayed the Marshall Islands, kindling the next nuclear disaster
- We bombed their homeland, hurt their health, cut off their health care. Then comes COVID-19.
Latino and Hispanic
- A Translation Crisis at the Border
- Language Barriers Pose Challenges For Mayan Migrant Children
- Nearly 60% of migrants from Guatemala’s Dry Corridor cited climate change and food security as their reason for leaving
- Understanding why Latinos are so hard hit by Covid-19
- The Invisible Latino in America
- Who is Hispanic?
Black and African American
Jump to a section in the DEI Toolkit
Home | Our Story | Why DEI? | Systemic Racism
LGBTQ+ | Terminology | Data
Local Populations | Local Programs